Ruth Spillane is an Associate Attorney with Fragomen’s San Diego office where she has worked since 2008. Ruth’s current practice focuses on the representation of large corporate clients, including employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions, immigrant petitions, adjustment of status applications, outstanding researcher and EB-1 petitions and PERM applications.
She currently focuses on the management of the nonimmigrant and immigrant visa programs for a Fortune 500 global telecommunications company and smaller-sized industry leaders, providing assistance and guidance related to immigration policy decisions.
Ruth is a volunteer attorney for the Casa Cornelia Law Center where she assists with the preparation of VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) petitions for immigrant victims of domestic violence and U visa petitions to provide temporary immigration benefits to victims of qualifying criminal activity.
- Coordinated and managed the H-1B Cap filings for large corporations as well as smaller-sized clients
- Oversaw the PERM program for clients, including providing guidance relative to policy decisions, updates on procedures and trends, and coordinating and training with corporate clients’ internal immigration teams
- Managed the oversight of mergers and acquisitions projects for a large corporate client, including coordinating requisite filings with internal teams, communication to employees and developing strategies for complex cases
- Developed numerous legal memoranda on complex immigration topics for a wide variety of corporate clients
- Prepared and reviewed complex outstanding researcher petitions and extraordinary ability petitions for scientists and engineers
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law | Juris Doctor, 2008
- Florida Atlantic University | Bachelor of Arts, 2004
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Bar Association
- Member, Lawyers Club of San Diego
Rate : $$$$