Ryan T. Becker focuses his practice on complex litigation and arbitration, class actions, white collar criminal defense and regulatory compliance matters. He represents a variety of clients in commercial litigation matters in the pharmaceutical, consumer product, financial services, transportation, and entertainment industries.
He advises institutions and companies in connection with federal investigations and provides strategic counsel in civil and criminal proceedings involving potential antitrust violations, money laundering, insider trading and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, among others.
In addition, Ryan advises clients on handling data breach incidents, including how to comply with notification procedures under various state laws, as well as assists with internal investigations to discern what happened and how to prevent future breaches.
Representative Matters :
- Conducted internal investigations and advised individual and corporate clients in connection with issues related to Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance.
- Represented an international financial institution in a U.S. government investigation into the bank’s historic processing of transactions that may violate U.S. sanctions laws.
- Successfully represented an individual in an SEC insider trading investigation which led to decision by SEC not to pursue any enforcement action.
- Represented a consumer products company in a class action case alleging breach of warranty in connection with sale of product.
- Represented a man incarcerated for 30 years after uncovering DNA evidence establishing his innocence, arguing the matter on appeal before the New York Supreme Court Appellate Division, in a case that ultimately led to the client’s exoneration and dismissal of all charges.
- Represented individuals and companies in connection with state and federal grand jury investigations.
Prior to joining Fox, Ryan was an associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton in New York. While there, he was selected to participate in a four-month externship program with MFY Legal Services, Inc., where he represented low-income tenants in New York Housing Court.
Before launching his legal practice, Ryan worked as a paralegal specialist for the antitrust division of the U.S. Department of Justice. He is also a former investment banking financial analyst for a global investment banking and asset management firm in Chicago.
During law school, Ryan served as comments editor for the Penn State Law Review and was President of the Student Bar Association.
- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2007)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., cum laude, 2002)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York, Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$