Ryan R. Bekkerus is a Corporate Partner in the Firm’s New York office. Ryan focuses his practice on corporate finance and leveraged acquisition transactions. He has represented issuers, private equity sponsors and underwriters in high yield bond offerings, initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings and other corporate finance transactions.
Ryan also regularly advises clients with respect to corporate governance, securities laws and general corporate matters. Ryan has advised, among others, Apax Partners, BC Partners, Energy Capital Partners, First Reserve, Vista Equity Partners, JPMorgan, Barclays Capital and Morgan Stanley.
Ryan’s recent transactions include:
- Vista Equity in connection with the financing for its $6.5 billion acquisition of Solera Holdings
- BC Partners-led consortium in the financing for its $8.7 billion acquisition of PetSmart, Inc.
- JPMorgan and Credit Suisse in a high yield offering of $575 million to finance the $4.1 billion acquisition of Pharmaceutical Product Development by Carlyle
- JPMorgan and Barclays in a high yield offering of $800 million to finance the $4.3 billion acquisition of Burger King by 3G Capital
- KKR in connection with the financing for its $5.7 billion acquisition of Del Monte Foods Company
- First Reserve in connection with the $310 million IPO of CHC Group Ltd.
- Apax Partners in connection with various leveraged buyouts, including rue21, Trader Corporation and Cengage Learning
- Team Health Holdings, a Blackstone portfolio company, in its IPO and NYSE listing and multiple common stock offerings
Ryan recently co-authored the “United States” chapter in Getting the Deal Through: Acquisition Finance 2016, a Law Business Research project. The chapter provides an analysis with respect to common questions encountered in acquisition finance transactions.
Ryan joined Simpson Thacher in 2000 and he received his J.D., cum laude, in 2000 from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.S.B. from the University of Minnesota in 1996. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2000 J.D.
- cum laude
- University of Minnesota, 1996 B.S.B.
Admissions : New York 2002
Rate : $$$$