Ryan C. Brown litigates commercial disputes on behalf of product manufacturers, motor carrier and transportation companies, manufacturers of automobiles and related products, and contractors and subcontractors. He represents clients in both litigation and alternative dispute resolution at the state and federal levels.
Ryan has resolved cases involving a variety of claims, including mass tort and complex litigation in serious injury and death trials, business litigation, products liability, construction practices and a wide range of commercial cases.
- Obtained defense verdict as lead counsel in jury trial involving significant personal injuries in premises liability case.
- Obtained defense verdict as lead counsel in jury trial in defamation/libel lawsuit brought by former employee alleging inaccurate employment information was reported to national database used within the industry, resulting in directed verdict in favor of client.
- Defense of national landfill operator in wrongful death case, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Obtained verdict, including attorneys’ fees for client in breach of contract lawsuit against international storage facility involving significant property loss.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in nationwide class action lawsuits involving alleged product defects.
- Defense of international plumbing manufacturer in products liability lawsuit involving DTPA claims, resulting in dismissal of lawsuit.
- Represented national roofing system manufacturing company in $35M claim arising from partial collapse of the roof of a shopping mall located on the Gulf Coast during Hurricane Rita, resulting in favorable settlement for client on eve of trial.
- Obtained summary judgment against several plaintiffs alleging property damage resulting from explosion of cargo tanker.
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in products liability cases involving catastrophic injuries and deaths.
- Defense of numerous interstate motor carrier companies involving death and catastrophic injuries.
- Developed template contracts for international distributor of specialty and industrial chemicals for use in agreements with common carriers throughout the United States.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2002
- Texas Tech University, B.A., 1997
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$