Ryan C. Reinert is a partner in Shutts & Bowen’s Tampa office, where he is a member of the Creditors’ Rights/Bankruptcy Practice Group. Ryan practices business bankruptcy, including trustee and creditor committee representation, and commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Ryan worked for an international financial company specializing in institutional investing.
He has represented commercial and individual lenders throughout Florida in federal and state courts, including traditional, pooled, joint venture and CMBS loans. Ryan has also represented debtors, vendors, landlords and contractors in Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy cases.
Ryan currently serves as a Member of the Board of Directors of the Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association, the non-profit organization that seeks to provide the information necessary for the practice of bankruptcy law in Tampa through publications, legal education and other events, often with the participation of the local bankruptcy judges.
Ryan’s past experience includes representation of a critical vendor in an Illinois bankruptcy case negotiating payment for continued delivery of product necessary for power plant operations, defense of bankruptcy avoidance actions against online travel service providers and jet companies, and pursuit of creditor claims in Ponzi scheme cases.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Member, Bankruptcy Court Structure and Insolvency Process, Business Law Section
- Member, Business Bankruptcy, Business Law Section
- Member, Consumer Financial Services Committee, Business Law Section
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- J. Clifford Cheatwood American Inn of Court
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors
- Tampa Connection
- Class of 2015
- Stetson University, J.D., 2009
- Moot Court Board Member
- Northern Kentucky University, B.A., 2005
Rate : $$$