Ryan H. Ferris is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of Mayer Brown’s Chicago office. He focuses his practice on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance issues and public company disclosure and compliance concerns.
Ryan represents clients in a variety of industries, including the insurance, aerospace, defense, energy and telecom industries. Ryan is also a member of Mayer Brown’s Middle East practice and represents clients in a variety of corporate and commercial matters involving inbound investment to, and outbound investment from, the Middle East.
- University of Michigan, BA
- University of Michigan Law School, JD, magna cum laude
Admissions : Illinois
- Represented The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE:HIG) in its $2.1 billion acquisition of The Navigators Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NAVG)
- Represented SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG) in its pending $14.6 billion stock-for-stock merger with Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE:D)
- Represented Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA) in its $231 million sale to Ultra Electronics Holdings plc (LSE:ULE) (terminated)
- Represented TransCanada Corporation (TSX:TRP, NYSE:TRP) in its $13 billion acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc. (NYSE:CPG)
- Represented Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company in its $5 billion acquisition of StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:SFG)
- Represented a publicly traded Fortune 100 company in its (i) $1.3 billion acquisition of a third party logistics and reverse logistics service provider and (ii) acquisition of an international shipping logistics service provider
Rate : $$$