Ryan M. Freel began his career with Fragomen as an Associate in 1999. As his career progressed within the firm, he managed the inception and ongoing operational development of our Singapore office. Ryan was also appointed the Senior Client Services Manager within the Asia Pacific region.
In 2005, Ryan took a position as the Director of Global Immigration Services with a well-known relocation company. He subsequently joined a leading global immigration consulting firm, where he held the position of Vice President of Global Operations.
Ryan rejoined Fragomen in October 2007 as the Director of International Alliances and Client Services. In this role, he also led the firm’s Co-Counsel Network and its expansion efforts in the EMEA region.
From 2010 through 2014, Ryan served as an Associate, and managed the firm’s U.S.-based Global Business Visa, Passport, Document Services and Consular Teams. In this capacity, Ryan supervised the preparation and filing of all business and employment visa applications filed in the U.S. on behalf of clients.
He also oversaw the procurement and authentication of documents required in support of client immigration applications, which includes obtaining personal records and corporate documents (e.g., academic credentials, criminal history reports, vital records, etc.) as well as coordinating legalizations, apostilles and translations.
Ryan relocated to Houston, TX in August 2013. In September 2014, Ryan undertook a secondment to a well-known oil field services company as the Immigration Program Lead. In this capacity, Ryan successfully implemented and co-managed a comprehensive global immigration program.
- Provided senior account management leadership for a large multinational IT company and a global oil field services company by establishing global best practices, refining the companies’ global immigration programs and improving operational efficiencies and process improvements to minimize client expenditures.
- Led the commercial management of the firm’s Global Co-Counsel Network and established policies for the qualification, selection and ongoing management of the firm’s immigration service providers.
- Managed the inception and ongoing operational development of Fragomen’s Singapore and South Africa offices.
- Served as Fragomen’s primary point of contact in the establishment and execution of a joint venture between Fragomen and Abacus Consulting in the United Arab Emirates.
- Researched and drafted a comprehensive best practices report analyzing five Fortune 500 companies with regard to compliance management of business travelers, immigration program management, use of technology, tracking and monitoring of expiration dates, and internal immigration policies.
- University of Miami School of Law | J.D., 1999
- Salve Regina University | B.A., 1996, cum laude
Bar Admissions: New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Former Member, Employee Relocation Council (GMS Certified)
- Former Member, Singapore International Chamber of Commerce
- Former Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$