Ryan J. Kelly is a partner with Alston & Bird’s Federal & International Tax Group. Ryan practices in transfer pricing, tax dispute resolution, and general tax planning. He focuses on domestic and international tax issues with an emphasis on transfer pricing.
Ryan has advised multinational corporations and the U.S. government on complex cross-border transactions, including several litigation matters involving tax disputes that are some of the largest in U.S. history.
Ryan previously served as an attorney-adviser in the IRS Office of Associate Chief Counsel (International), where he advised examiners, economists, and lawyers with the IRS’s Large Business & International Division on high-stakes international tax issues and transfer pricing.
Before serving at the IRS, Ryan was a member of the North American tax practice group of one the world’s most global law firms. Ryan serves as an adjunct professor of law at the Georgetown University Law Center and is past chair of the Federal Bar Association’s Section on Taxation. He is also a registered U.S. merchant marine officer.
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University (LL.M., 2008)
- Mercer University (J.D., 2005)
- University of Georgia (B.B.A., 2002)
- Federal Bar Association Tax Section, Steering Committee
- Federal Bar Association Tax Section, former chair
- American Bar Association Tax Section
- District of Columbia Bar Tax Section
- International Fiscal Association
Rate : $$$