Ryan M. Katz’s practice focuses on corporate and finance transactions. Ryan brings a deep understanding of fund operations and their inherent tax considerations, which gives him real insight into his clients’ business operations and commercial imperatives.Ryan has market-leading experience in royalty-rights transactions, particularly in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sectors.
He has worked on more than 20 deals in this space and has developed a strong grasp of the issues that are unique to these transactions. In addition, Ryan has worked with many of the leading investors in investment fund seeding transactions.
Ryan handles domestic and international corporate transactions including:
- Public and private mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity and hedge fund investments
- Venture capital transactions
- Debt financings
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Royalty monetization transactions
- Investment fund seeding transactions.
- Has specific experience with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical clients.
- Handles domestic and international corporate transactions.
- Also advises on corporate governance and general corporate matters.
- Representing a family office in connection with a joint venture to process and acquire class action settlement claims.
- Advising a family office in connection with the acquisition of an art collection, together with related ongoing governance and operational matters.
- Counseling a newly formed management team in the acquisition of the manager of an intellectual property-focused investment fund from existing management.
- Representing a venture capital fund in Series A and Series B rounds in various portfolio companies.
- Representing a life sciences-focused investment fund in multiple pharmaceutical royalty acquisition transactions.
- Advising a life sciences-focused investment fund in a credit facility secured by pharmaceutical royalties.
- Assisting a consortium of hedge funds in connection with a private placement in a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed real estate investment trust.
- Counseling a private equity fund in the sale of its portfolio company in the ophthalmic space to an international pharmaceutical company.
- Advising a seed investor in the sale of its revenue interest in several underlying hedge funds.
- Assisting a hedge fund in connection with the establishment and financing of a platform for investments in single-family residences.
- Counseling a hedge fund in the private placement of common stock of a mineral exploration company.
- Providing legal advice to a private equity fund in the launch of its initial buyout vehicle focused on the acquisition of middle-market businesses.
- Providing advice to an investment fund in a credit facility secured by interests in pharmaceutical portfolio companies, and royalty and milestone payments.
- Representing a biotech company in the sale of its rare eye disease platform to an NYSE-listed pharmaceutical company.
- Advising a private equity fund in the sale of a talent agency business.
- Assisting a private equity fund in the acquisition of a majority stake in a music-performance rights company.
- Counseling a hedge fund as lead investor in an NYSE-listed investment firm.
- Advising a private equity fund in the acquisition of the North American telecom division of public telecommunications company.
- Assisting a micro and nanosatellite technology company in the issuance of Series B securities.
- Representing an investment fund in the formation and sale of a joint venture in the oil services industry.
- Counseled an Ivy league university endowment in connection with its seeding of several start-up hedge funds.
- Representing a private equity firm in its acquisition of a stake in the manager of an oil and gas-focused investment firm.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, with honors, 2001
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1998
- New York
Rate : $$$$