Ryan S. Killian’s practice focuses on product liability with an emphasis in pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. He has represented clients embroiled in multimillion-dollar business disputes and participated in the successful defense of a nationwide class action.
Just before joining Shook, Ryan confronted a broad array of legal matters as a law clerk for the Hon. Thomas M. Reavley on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Before that, he worked as an associate for a law firm in Irvine, California, where he authored appellate briefs filed in multiple jurisdictions, argued a successful federal court motion to dismiss, prepared state court dispositive motions and participated in extensive federal court judgment-enforcement litigation.
Ryan is licensed to practice in both Texas and California. Before becoming a member of the bar, he filed an appellate brief and delivered oral argument before the Ninth Circuit as a certified law student.
While in law school, Ryan spent a summer in St. Louis, Missouri serving as a judicial extern to the Hon. Raymond Gruender of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. With two bachelor’s degrees in communications and a background in journalism, he brings a significant amount of writing experience to his legal work.
- J.D., cum laude, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- Dean’s List (all semesters)
- Pepperdine Law Review, Lead Articles Editor (Vol. 40)
- Ninth Circuit Appellate Advocacy Clinic, Advocate
- Judicial Extern to the Hon. Raymond Gruender, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- 5 CALI Awards (Contracts II, Legal Research and Writing II, Advanced Constitutional Law: Supreme Court Seminar, Legal History, Rule of Law and the American Judiciary)
- B.J., The University of Texas at Austin, 2008 (Journalism); B.S. 2008 (Radio-Television-Film)
- Daily Texan, Sports Editor, Sports Writer, Photographer
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center, Volunteer
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, The Hon. Thomas M. Reavley (2014-2018)
Rate : $$$