Ryan Kocse is an associate in the firm’s litigation department and a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group. Mr. Kocse joined Debevoise in 2015. He received a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center magna cum laude in 2015 and is a member of the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Mr. Kocse served as an executive editor of the Annual Review of Criminal Procedure, published by the Georgetown Law Journal. Mr. Kocse graduated with a B.S. with highest distinction from The Pennsylvania State University in 2012, where he was the student marshal for the Smeal College of Business Economics Department.
He is the author of Final Detonation: How Customary International Law Can Trigger the End of Landmines—which argues that newly formed laws resulting from international custom prohibit the transfer, development, and use of persistent and “smart” landmines. 103 Geo. L.J. 749 (2015).
Mr. Kocse is a member of the Bar of New York and admitted to appear before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners, as holders of exchangeable notes and other claims against SunEdison, in a complex transaction related to the $2.4 billion sale of wind farm operator First Wind, and D. E. Shaw as a member of the official committee of unsecured creditors in SunEdison’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners, as plaintiffs in litigation in New York Supreme Court asserting claims for breach of contract and damages arising from the sale of First Wind Holdings, LLC.
- Allergan in defeating nationwide class certification of a putative class of third-party payors alleging violations of federal RICO statutes through fraudulent promotion of antidepressants.
- A major pharmaceutical company in consumer fraud class actions, including defeating nationwide class certification.
- Petitioner sentenced to life imprisonment in obtaining executive clemency.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2015, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, 2012, B.S.
- New York
Rate : $$$$