Ryan McCoy is a senior associate in the San Francisco office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Department. His practice is focused on employment litigation, with a particular emphasis on wage and hour class and collective action litigation under the California Labor Code and FLSA. He is one of very few California attorneys who has been intimately involved in preparing for and assisting in the defense of a wage and hour class action case at trial.
Mr. McCoy also handles single and multi-plaintiff claims for discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, including whistleblower claims. He has represented financial services firms in employment disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. McCoy provides day-to-day counseling and advice to employers concerning the various local, state, and federal laws affecting the employment relationship. He advises clients regarding wage and hour issues, employment policies and practices, termination decisions, internal complaints and workplace investigations, and negotiating employment and severance agreements.
Mr. McCoy also frequently provides pro bono advice and counseling concerning employment matters to several local non-profits, and volunteers with pro bono program Kids in Need of Defense (KIND).
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law (2009)
- Northern California Innocence Project, Legal Extern, 2008-2009
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, Political Science & Economics (2006)
- Associated Students of Loyola Marymount University, Speaker of the Senate
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$