Ryan Cobbs represents manufacturers of consumer, chemical, automotive, and pharmaceutical products involved in mass tort and product liability litigation. Mr. Cobbs has extensive experience leading and managing mass tort defense teams in cases on trial dockets across multiple jurisdictions.
His representation includes crisis management, as well as the development and execution of innovative defense strategies designed to eliminate potential liability. He takes a tactical approach to his matters, providing thoughtful counsel and advice that is guided by his client’s overall business objectives.
Mr. Cobbs has tried products, insurance, and commercial cases in Florida state and federal courts, and has first chair state jury trial experience. He handles a variety of commercial and class action litigation matters, including restrictive covenants, breach of contract and breach of warranty disputes. He understands and advises on the increasing exposure to product liability claims due to the proliferation of “smart” products and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2003)
- Order of the Coif
- Judge Irving Cypen Scholarship Award
- Uniwersytet Warszawski, Poland (Center for American Law Studies, 2003)
- Florida State University (B.A., 2000)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability
- The Florida Bar Florida
- Bar Journal Editorial Committee (2010-2012)
- Federal Court Practice Committee (2007-2010)
- American Inns of Court,Craig S. Barnard Chapter (2009-2011)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Former Judge, Miami-Dade County Teen Court Program
Rate : $$$$