Ryan A. Schneider is a trusted advisor and lead worldwide intellectual property counsel for multinational companies, research institutions and other organizations. Decision-makers turn to Ryan for his straightforward, holistic approach to complex matters and for his ability to solve business challenges.
Ryan has over 20 years of experience providing clients with strategic counseling and guidance on a range of intellectual property matters, including the development, protection and exploitation of IP assets. He represents companies of all sizes, from startup ventures to Fortune 500 companies, as well as universities and research organizations.
Ryan develops long-standing relationships with clients and immerses himself in the business issues they face. He knows their individual challenges, goals and culture, and brings this knowledge of the relevant technology and science to bear in patent, trademark, and copyright counseling, prosecution and litigation.
Clients know that in addition to providing strong legal counsel, Ryan will collaborate with them to find solutions to their most pressing business challenges.
In 2017, for Ryan’s work providing nonprofits and individuals with patent, trademark and copyright counseling, he was honored with the Atlanta IP Inn of Court Pro Bono Award. The award recognizes those who go above and beyond in service to those who cannot afford representation.
In 2015, Ryan was also honored for his work empowering volunteers across the country to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research to find better treatments with fewer long-term side effects and, ultimately, to develop cures, with the Rally for Research Award.
Ryan is featured as one of the leading IP attorneys in Georgia, being named to Georgia Trend magazine’s Legal Elite in Intellectual Property Law, as a Georgia Rising Star and as a Super Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law by Law & Politics and Atlanta Magazine.
Representative Matters :
- Represents a global leader on Forbes’ list The World’s Most Innovative Companies as IP counsel to protect leading brand names available in over 200 countries. His counsel in this matter primarily involves IP strategies including patent prosecution, product clearance and IP freedom-to-operate assessments, acquisition and spin-off due diligence.
- Represents the world’s largest designer and manufacturer of artificial Christmas trees and a leading producer of aboveground swimming pools, summer inflatable toys, seasonal lighting and air mattresses. His counsel includes proactive and sustainable legal strategies in connection with worldwide litigation, IPRs, product clearance and IP freedom-to-operate assessments, trademark and patent prosecution.
- Represents top-ranked research colleges and universities worldwide. Ryan leads IP prosecution, product clearance and IP freedom-to-operate matters covering a variety of emerging technologies created to make power more abundant and eco-friendly – from polymers in thermoelectric generators (TEGs) to innovations that produce electricity using nuclear waste – and to help make groundbreaking technologies a reality.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Advisory Board Member, The Rally Foundation
- Member, Frequent Presenter, Association of University Technology Managers
- Member, Intellectual Property Law, Technology Law and Pro Bono Sections, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Executive Council and Aspiring Youth Committee, Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1995, Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property Law
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.M.E., with honors, 1990
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Rate : $$$