Ryan A. Strain advises large corporations, financial institutions, governmental entities, mortgage servicers, small businesses and individuals in a broad variety of litigation and other matters. Mr. Strain has represented clients in cases involving breaches of contract, business torts, products liability, premises liability and personal injury, residential mortgage disputes, motor vehicle accidents, estate and trust disputes, and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. He has experience in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2008
- University of Memphis, B.A., 2005, summa cum laude
- Tennessee, 2008
- Western District of Tennessee, 2009
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014
- Eastern District of Arkansas, 2017
Representative Matters :
- Obtained judgment in favor of a health care services provider on a breach of contract claim in a bench trial.
- Part of trial team in a case involving claims of intentional interference with a contract.
- Managed local counsel’s representation of client in multiple states.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in coordinated state court products liability proceedings.
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit asserting claims against a municipal public utility for inverse condemnation, nuisance, trespass, and negligence arising out of alleged construction-related flooding.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Memphis and Tennessee Bar Associations
- Member – Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County Foster Care Review Board
- Member – City of Germantown, Tennessee, Historic Commission
- Recipient – Baker Donelson Memphis Office Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (2018)
Rate : $$$$