The tenacity and drive that fueled Ryan A. Walton’s accomplishments as an investment banker are now instrumental in propelling his litigation practice. Ryan has earned praise for his work in complex financial services litigation and electronic discovery: Clients, partners and associates have all sought his counsel regarding methods to limit the scope and cost of litigation, including early case assessment, deposition and interrogatory preparation, and providing defensible privilege logs.
He has experience representing clients with large scale matters and responding to civil investigative demands and second requests for information from the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Justice, the New York Attorney General’s office and other governmental agencies.
Amiable, loyal and quick-witted, Ryan is dedicated to building productive relationships with clients – and facilitating positive outcomes.
- Member of the team that represented one of the country’s leading financial institutions in a mortgage dispute with the United States Department of Justice and the New York attorney general’s office, ultimately minimizing damages.
- Member of the team that successfully represented a well-known European aircraft manufacturer in an antitrust matter.
- Worked on large-scale matters and a variety of enforcement actions, including tobacco litigation, internal investigations, mergers and acquisitions, and product and liability disputes.
- Directly managed technology-assisted reviews within e-Discovery practice area.
Memberships : Houston Bar Association
- All Saints Church Credit Union: Vice President (2000 to 2004)
- Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer (2012 to 2013)
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2007; Southern Regional Black Law Students Association: Attorney General, Parliamentarian; Thomas Moore Inn of Court; Loyola University New Orleans Black Law Students Association: Vice President
- B.S., Florida A&M University, 1999, cum laude
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$