Ryan C. Whitfill is an experienced and respected franchise attorney with years of experience and extensive knowledge gained through counseling and guiding clients throughout every aspect of franchise law compliance, ranging from establishment and development of new franchise concepts to the management, growth and evolution of large national and international franchise brands.
Mr. Whitfill is a transactional attorney focused on franchise and licensing law. Throughout his career with the leading franchise law practices at some of the largest law firms in the world, Mr. Whitfill has developed his skills and knowledge working on high level franchise matters for national and international franchisors, franchisees, licensors, distributors, master franchisees and area developers.
His experience includes advising and assisting clients in all legal aspects of structuring, operating and growing their franchise systems in compliance with U.S. and international franchise registration and disclosure laws, as well as state franchise relationship laws.
Mr. Whitfill has represented franchise concepts both large and small in a myriad of industries, including regional, national and international quick service restaurant chains, full service restaurants, childcare/pre-school concepts, pool care/maintenance stores, car rental companies, professional education franchises, in-home senior care service concepts, oil-change shops, auto parts supply chains, high-end ice cream, yogurt and gelato shops, home renovation companies, day spas, technology/service companies, check cashing franchises and various retail concepts.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Texas A&M University, B.A. Psychology
- DLA Piper LLP (US)
- Haynes & Boone LLP
- Jenkens & Gilchrist LLP
BAR ADMISSION : Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising Dallas Bar Association
- Negotiating, drafting, interpreting and enforcing franchise agreements, license agreements, area developer and area representative agreements, master franchise agreements, confidentiality and non-compete agreements and all related documents
- Preparation and updating of franchise disclosure documents in accordance with federal and state franchise laws, and managing and implementing state registrations, amendments and annual updates for franchisors throughout the U.S.
- Negotiation and structuring of international master franchise and area developer transactions (includes deals in Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America)
- Resolution of various disputes between franchisors and franchisees
- Review and analysis of franchise agreements and franchise disclosure documents for prospective franchisees.
Rate : $$$$