Blake Adams practices in the area of health care law with an emphasis on regulatory compliance. He represents a diverse array of health care providers, including hospitals, pharmacies, freestanding health care providers and individual physicians.
His practice includes regularly advising clients on variety of compliance issues including Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues, Stark law, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback issues, certificates of need, HIPAA, Mississippi community hospital law, the Electronic Health Records Incentives Program, medical staff bylaws and governance, the 340B Drug Program and scope of practice issues.
In addition to his regulatory practice, Mr. Adams’ practice also includes regularly representing providers during administrative appeals at both the administrative law judge level and before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board.
He also assists health care providers on transactional issues including acquisitions, covenants not to compete, confidentiality agreements and other contractual matters.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2009; Executive Articles Editor, Mississippi Law Journal,; James Oliver Eastland Scholar; American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence
- Mississippi State University, B.B.A., summa cum laude, in Business Information Systems, 2005
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Sharion Aycock, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- Judicial Law Clerk to Justice Jess H. Dickinson, Supreme Court of Mississippi
- Mississippi Bar Association – Business Law Section, Health Law Section (Secretary, 2017-2018; Executive Committee, 2015-2017; Newsletter Editor, 2015-2016)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Regulation, Accreditation and Payment Group Leadership Development Program, 2016-2017)
- Mississippi Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Lee County Bar Association (President, 2017-2018; Vice-President, 2016-2017; Secretary/Treasurer, 2015-2016)
Rate : $$$