Mr. S. Bradley Perkins is a partner in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and a member of the Employee Benefits Litigation Group. Mr. Perkins focuses his practice in the areas of employee benefits fiduciary advice, litigation under the Employee Retirement Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), and litigation involving fraudulent and abusive health care providers.
He has represented clients in a wide range of ERISA matters in court and in arbitration, including complex class actions and single-plaintiff lawsuits. He has handled matters involving individual pension and welfare benefit claims, severance pay claims, executive compensation disputes, benefit discrimination, and claims regarding plan design and fiduciary responsibility.
In the class action realm, he has defended various types of claims, including claims for benefits and claims for breach of fiduciary duty, including 401(k) fee and proprietary fund litigations. Mr. Perkins serves as a contributing editor to Employee Benefits Law and its annual supplements, and he serves as a Management Co-Chair of the Subcommittee on Liability Issues Unique to Welfare Plans.
Mr. Perkins is also a member of the Health Care Fraud & Provider Billing Litigation Specialty Team and has experience representing health care plans and payors in health care reimbursement and provider billing litigation involving claims under ERISA, RICO, and state law, including the California Insurance Frauds Prevention Act.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School (2004)
- The George Washington Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- B.A., Duke University, cum laude (2001)
- Graduated with Highest Distinction from the Religion Department
- American Bar Association
- Employee Benefits Committee of the ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law (Co-Chair, Subcommittee on Liability Issues Unique to Welfare Plans)
- San Francisco Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Rate : $$$