S. Calvin Walden is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Controversy Department, and a member of the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group. He joined the firm in 2000. Mr. Walden is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association and the New York City Bar Association.
Mr. Walden’s practice focuses on intellectual property advice and litigation, with an emphasis on patent litigation and IP-related arbitrations and licensing disputes, and on advising clients concerning intellectual property asset management, new products and licensing issues.
Mr. Walden has served as counsel for a broad range of clients, including public companies, private high technology and medical technology companies, and companies in the graphic arts.
Mr. Walden has argued and tried cases in federal district courts across the country, and has successfully argued in the Federal Circuit, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and before the International Trade Commission. He has extensive first-chair experience arbitrating computer software cases in the AAA/ICDR.
- Was a member of the team that successfully tried a high-profile smartphone litigation leading to a jury verdict of over $1 billion
- Successfully tried, and sustained on appeal, a 17-day bench trial resulting in a ruling that six patents were unenforceable as a result of inequitable conduct by the patentee and in an award of $2.74 million in attorneys’ fees
- Obtained a summary judgment of non-infringement, sustained on appeal, in a digital imaging patent case pending in the District of Delaware
- Successfully represented a manufacturer of GPS chips and software as a complainant in a Section 337 proceeding before the ITC, resulting in a finding of a violation based on infringement of all six asserted patents
- Successfully represented a digital camera technology company as a complainant in a Section 337 proceeding before the ITC against two cellular handset manufacturers, resulting in a finding of violation based on infringement of both asserted patents
- JD, Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1996
- MA, English, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1994
- BA, English, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$