S. Craig Holden is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office. Over the course of his distinguished career, Mr. Holden has represented clients in all areas of the health care industry, with particular emphasis on advising clients on Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse issues, pharmaceutical pricing issues, Medicare and other third-party reimbursement issues and general compliance matters. He has also represented numerous health care industry clients in government fraud and abuse investigations.
Mr. Holden is a former trial attorney with the Inspector General Division, Office of the General Counsel, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). At HHS, he was responsible for litigating actions imposing civil money penalties and assessments, as well as suspensions from Medicare and Medicaid participation, based on violations of the Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse statutes.
He has been extensively involved in issues arising under the anti-kickback provisions of the Social Security Act and in the drafting and passage of the Medicare and Medicaid Patient and Program Protection Action of 1987.
A frequent lecturer and author on Medicare and Medicaid fraud, abuse and reimbursement issues, Mr. Holden is also a member of the Board of Directors of the American Health Lawyers Association.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1980, with high honors
- Catholic University of America, B.A., 1976, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – District of Columbia Bar Association
Rate : $$$