Elise Batsel practices in the areas of land use, zoning and commercial real estate. She represents developers and lenders in all areas including real estate acquisitions, dispositions, financings and leasing transactions.
Specifically, Ms. Batsel has represented national and local developers before various governmental bodies and helped them obtain entitlements in more than 40 counties and municipalities throughout the state of Florida. Ms. Batsel’s land use practice includes assisting clients with issues related to zoning, permitting and governmental affairs. She has successfully obtained entitlements for the owners and developers of multi-family commercial, industrial, hotel and mixed-use projects. Her practice includes assisting clients with the environmental aspects of real estate and business transactions, including the redevelopment of environmentally impacted sites and environmental and wetland permitting issues.
In the lending arena, her experience involves the representation of banks, finance companies and other institutional lenders in a variety of transactional specialties, including commercial/syndicated loans and construction and permanent financings. Notably, Ms. Batsel has represented institutional lenders with Shari’ah-compliant finance and investment transactions.
Prior to joining Phelps Dunbar, Ms. Batsel served as general counsel for Richmond Baking Company and Vice President of Legal and Business Affairs for FrankCrum.
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D. with honors, 1997
- University of Colorado, B.A. summa cum laude, 1993
ADMISSIONS : Florida
- State Bar of Florida
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Tampa Bay (Director at-Large)
- Tampa Bay Bergstrom Council
- First American Title Insurance Company (Attorney Agent)
- Represented developer in the acquisition, financing and entitlements for the redevelopment of $19 million mixed-use development.
- Represented developer in the negotiation of development agreements, permitting and entitlements for the development of a golf course and residential community.
- Represented purchaser of hotel in the negotiation of entitlements, including comprehensive plan amendment and rezoning, for 100-room hotel addition.
- Represented operator in the negotiation of a P3 Concessionaire Agreement “Public-Private Partnership” for parking facilities.
Rate : $$$