Jeanine Conley has represented many of the nation’s leading companies in employment-related disputes and workplace investigations. She has successfully tried cases in both state and federal court and has significant experience litigating race, age, gender, religion and disability discrimination lawsuits, wage and hour class and collective actions and whistleblower and retaliation claims.
Jeanine advises and counsels clients in all industries, particularly the manufacturing, retail, financial services and media and entertainment industries and has represented clients before numerous government agencies. She navigates clients through all areas of employment law, from hiring to termination, and regularly counsels clients on issues related to :
- Whistleblower and Retaliation Laws
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace/Internal Investigations
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
Through her experience as a trial lawyer, Jeanine is able to strategize with her clients to resolve employment disputes through the most cost-effective and efficient means for the client by obtaining favorable settlements, dismissal of actions through summary judgment or full defense verdicts at trial.
Jeanine also provides extensive pre-litigation advice and counsel to clients and regularly conducts trainings on all facets of employment law and assists clients with revising employee handbooks, policies, and procedures and drafts employment agreements and restrictive covenants.
Jeanine served as a clerk to the Hon. William G. Bassler in the District Court of the District of New Jersey and has been recognized frequently for her civic and community engagement. She currently serves on the Chair of the Board of the New York Urban League and is actively involved in several organizations.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2002
- B.S., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Chair, Board of Directors, New York Urban League
- Member, Executive Committee, Network of Bar Leaders, 2013-2016
- Member, Advisory Board, Former Chair, Urban Assembly School for Criminal Justice
- Member, Alternate Dispute Resolution and Labor and Employment Committees, New York State Bar Association
- Past President, Association of Black Women Attorneys
Rate : $$$