S. Vance Wittie represents clients in appellate, class action, insurance and products liability litigation. He is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Appellate Law.
Vance is a regular writer and speaker and has conducted several continuing education seminars in fields such as aggregate litigation threats to the health insurance industry, the Class Action Fairness Act, trends in automotive products liability and consumer class actions, and legal writing.
- Successfully defended appeal of defense verdict in the largest construction defect case tried in the United States.
- Obtained summary judgment on all claims on behalf of automobile manufacturer in consumer class action.
- Obtained reversal of judgment in Pennsylvania asbestos case and successfully urged application to state repose statute to asbestos cases involving improvements to real property.
- Obtained the reversal of a class certification order on behalf of an automobile manufacturer.
- Successfully prosecuted the appeal for a reinsurer in a complex premium dispute with an agent.
- Obtained (and defended on appeal) summary judgment in a case where the plaintiffs attempted to assert vicarious liability theories against an automobile manufacturer based on negligent acts of dealership employees.
- Obtained abatement of a class action brought against three automobile manufacturers based on primary jurisdiction of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Successfully urged on appeal application of tort reform legislation to pending breast implant cases.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1985, cum laude
- Baylor University, B.A., 1983, with distinction
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, Fifth Circuit, Sixth Circuit, Tenth Circuit, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$$