As Co-Chair of the firm’s Consumer Class Actions Practice, Sabrina H. Strong handles complex business litigation, focusing on class actions and mass tort actions involving medical devices and pharmaceutical products, consumer goods, and a variety of financial services products. Sabrina has tried multiple high-profile cases to verdict, some of which have been recognized as “Top Defense Verdicts” by the Daily Journal. Sabrina also has handled numerous state and federal appeals throughout her career.
Capitalizing on her unique combination of high-profile trial experience and sophisticated appellate work, Sabrina is regularly called upon to actively litigate cases as appellate counsel throughout trial for high-exposure matters across a wide variety of industries. Sabrina also litigates and advises companies on privacy and healthcare-related matters.
In 2008, Sabrina helped found the Ninth Circuit Appellate Advocacy Clinic at the UCLA School of Law, and served as an Adjunct Professor at the clinic until 2012. Sabrina regularly lectures on class action and complex litigation topics, and serves on the Planning Committee for the ABA’s Annual Class Action Institute.
- Trial lawyer in a five-month jury trial defending a concert promoter in a wrongful death case filed by the mother and children of a world-famous pop star. It was one of the most highly publicized cases of 2013 and the Daily Journal selected it as one of the “Top Defense Verdicts of 2013.”
- Second chair of an eleven-day trial in Los Angeles Superior Court that resulted in a complete victory for the defendants and was named among the “Top Defense Verdicts of 2009” by the Daily Journal. Sabrina defended high-level executives against breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract claims filed by a former Chief Operating Officer and shareholder. Sabrina examined several key witnesses, including experts on both sides.
- Defended national managed care organizations in qui tam actions asserting claims under the False Claims Act concerning compliance with Medicare Advantage regulations, including allegations related to inflated premiums resulting from inaccurate risk-adjustment submissions.
- Defending 9th Circuit appeal after district court dismissed claims against national managed care organization stemming from allegations that in-home assessment provider generated false data for submissions to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Defended a leading manufacturer of household goods against three separate but related consumer fraud class actions in state and federal courts involving claims that a cleaning product harmed plumbing.
- Defended a large public entity against class action asserting constitutional claims relating to the appropriate system of oversight and management for public education.
- Recovered hundreds of millions from foreign companies in a dispute stemming from a fraudulent acquisition.
- Defended a petroleum company against a multi-million-dollar claim by municipalities resulting from an oil spill (including significant involvement in a four-week jury trial in Anchorage leading to a defense verdict).
- Leads legal teams in products liability and personal injury trials on behalf of a variety of institutions, including major pharmaceutical and medical device companies, focusing on identifying and preserving issues for appeal.
- Develops and implements appellate strategies for trial teams in high-exposure wrongful death and personal injury matters, including excessive force, construction, transportation, premises liability and general liability matters.
- New York University, J.D., 1998: Moot Court Board
- University of California at San Diego, B.A., Political Science, 1994: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Research Scholar; Dean’s List
- Honorable William J. Rea, US District Court, Central District of California
Rate : $$$