Sally Bergmann is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group. Her practice focuses on advising sponsors of private equity funds, including buyout, distressed, real estate and credit opportunities funds. Ms. Bergmann’s recent experience includes acting for clients such as Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Burford Capital, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, EQT Partners, GSO Capital Partners, Kelso & Company, KKR, Morgan Stanley, Odyssey Investment Partners, Sequoia Capital, Tishman Speyer and WeWork.
Ms. Bergmann joined Debevoise in 2011. Ms. Bergmann received a J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center in 2011. From 2009 to 2011, Ms. Bergmann served as a member of The Tax Lawyer. She is the author of “The Application of Conduit Theory in Interest Rate Swap Transactions: Schering-Plough Corporation v. United States,” 63 Tax. L. 437 (2010). She received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Washington University in St. Louis in 2008.
- Blackstone Alternative Asset Management in various separate account mandates.
- Burford Capital in the formation of Burford Opportunity Fund, a $300 million global litigation claims fund, together with a $1 billion separate account alongside the fund.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in multiple global buyout funds, including in the formation of:
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund X, a $10 billion North America and Europe buyout fund.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund IX, a $6.25 billion North America and Europe buyout fund.
- EQT in various fundraising activities, including in the formation of:
- EQT Credit Fund II, an €874 million Europe credit opportunities fund.
- EQT Real Estate I, a €420 million Europe real estate fund.
- EQT Ventures, a €566 million Europe technology/venture capital fund.
- FFL Partners in the formation of FFL Capital Partners IV, a $2 billion North America buyout fund.
- GSO Capital Partners in certain energy, debt and hybrid hedge fund-related activities, including the formation of:
- GSO Capital Opportunities Fund III, a $6.5 billion global mezzanine fund.
- GSO Energy Select Opportunities Fund, a $3 billion North America power/energy fund.
- GSO Credit Alpha Fund, a $1 billion North America and Western Europe credit opportunities fund.
- GSO Credit Alpha Annex Fund, a $960 million North America and Western Europe credit opportunities fund.
- Oaktree Capital Management in various fundraising activities, including in the formation of:
- Oaktree Opportunities Fund IX, a $5.1 billion global distressed debt fund.
- Oaktree European Principal Fund III, a €3.16 billion Europe distressed fund.
- Sequoia Capital in the formation of Sequoia Capital Global Growth Fund III – Endurance Partners, an $8 billion global venture fund.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2011, J.D.
- Washington University in St. Louis, 2008, B.S.B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$$