Sam Outten is a litigation partner in Nelson Mullins’ Greenville, South Carolina office, where he represents clients in trying complex, high-value cases to verdict across a variety of practice areas including professional malpractice, commercial litigation, product liability, and patent infringement.
His appellate experience includes lead briefing responsibility and oral argument. He is certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys for legal malpractice.
Mr. Outten is a past President of the South Carolina Chapter of ABOTA, a past President of the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association, and served on the Board of Directors of DRI. He is also a past Chair of the Professional Liability Committee of IADC, and served as Chair of the Professional Liability Roundtable for two years.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD (1985)
- Davidson College, BA, History (1982)
- South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- American Board of Trial Advocates (1999-present)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar (1995-present)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (1998-present)
- Haynsworth/Perry Inn of Court
Rate : $$$