Sam Pierce is an associate in Baker Donelson’s Birmingham office, where he focuses on commercial bankruptcy, restructuring and workout and litigation matters. Sam represents national and local banks, servicers and other asset-based lenders, defending them in litigation and handling creditors’ rights issues generally.
He routinely handles loan workouts and the negotiation of financial obligations, and is experienced in the repossession of lenders’ collateral and execution upon judgments.
Sam approaches matters with a business-minded approach, advising financial institutions and other clients in regards to the advisability of settlement and/or litigation. He regularly argues before the bankruptcy courts in the State of Alabama and is experienced with all types of bankruptcy cases.
Sam also has experience with the appointment of Receivers to manage commercial properties, and has extensive experience collecting commercial debts: during 2017, Sam collected nearly $1 million for one client alone.
In addition, he has handled litigation regarding construction and liens created as a result thereof, and also the settlement of construction lawsuits. He also assists in representing cellular clients with a variety of issues.
While in law school, Sam served as a judicial intern for both the Honorable Judge Proctor and the Honorable Judge Kallon in the Northern District of Alabama.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., 2015, cum laude
- Appalachian State University, B.S., 2012, cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Alabama, 2015Representative Matters
- Chaired a federal jury trial in the Northern District of Alabama involving breach of contract, negligence, and waste claims; obtained a six-figure judgment in favor of national bank client while defending a counterclaim brought by the defendant.
- On behalf of national bank client, obtained full dismissal of all plaintiffs’ claims seeking damages arising from complex, prior activities with respect to the plaintiffs’ business ventures.
- Obtained a six-figure summary judgment award on behalf of an equipment finance company.
- Successfully represented our client in filing suit on a breach of contract claim, resulting in the client being awarded 93 percent of the amount requested during summary judgment. In the same case, defended our client with respect to various counterclaims before a jury in federal court.
Rate : $$$$