Samantha D. Hardy is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego Office. She leads the firm’s Retail team, and is active on the Food and Beverage team. Ms. Hardy practices labor and employment law, with a focus on defense of employers in all types of labor and employment matters, as well as on proactively advising employers to avoid litigation.
Ms. Hardy has handled single plaintiff discrimination, retaliation, harassment, failure to accommodate, wrongful termination, and defamation cases, as well as other statutory, contract and tort-related claims, and has developed an expertise in California and national wage and hour issues.
She has a significant amount of experience representing employers in class actions, both within California and nationwide, as well as representing employers before administrative agencies. Ms. Hardy regularly advises management on wage-and-hour issues, leave laws, workplace violence prevention, the disability accommodation process, and the discipline and termination processes.
She also regularly reviews and prepares handbooks and other employment-related documents, as well as conducting large-scale audits to identify potential violations. Ms. Hardy has been active in influencing legislative changes of interest to her clients both inside and outside California.
- J.D., University of Chicago, 1998, with honors
- B.A., Columbia University, 1995
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Wage and Hour Subcommittee, National Retail Federation
Rate : $$$$