Samantha M. White practices in the area of private wealth and tax planning. She counsels individuals, high-net-worth families and closely held businesses concentrating in the areas of tax-advantaged trusts, business succession planning, estate administration and charitable giving.
She assists closely held businesses with formation and operational issues, and advises tax-exempt organizations with respect to obtaining tax-exempt status, ongoing compliance issues and the fiduciary obligations of directors and officers.
Samantha is a contributing author to the chapters on wills, estate planning, estate administration and trusts in Colorado Methods of Practiceand is a co-author of “Allocating Estate and Generation-Skipping Transfer Taxes” in the Colorado Estate Planning Handbook.
She is a frequent presenter at the Annual Institute for Advising Nonprofit Organizations on topics concerning private foundations, public charities and unrelated business income tax.
- Represents high-net-worth families in personal wealth planning, including gifting programs to transfer wealth to multiple generations in a tax-efficient manner.
- Advised a high-profile, nonprofit organization facing revocation of exemption in maintaining tax-exempt status through mediation with the IRS.
- Advised a multimillion-dollar foreign estate with respect to transfer of U.S. holdings and tax issues applying U.S. income and estate tax treaties.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- LL.M., University of Denver, 2007, Graduate Tax Program
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2007, Order of St. Ives
- B.S., University of Wyoming, 2003, cum laude
Admissions : U.S. Tax Court. Colorado, 2007
Rate : $$$