Sammantha J. Tillotson has experience litigating a wide-range of complex issues, including products liability, contractual disputes, labor and employment matters, and state and federal appeals. She also has experience in data breach and privacy class action litigation.
Sammantha is involved in all aspects of complex litigation in trial and appellate courts, with a concentration on managing and navigating multifaceted discovery matters, as well as drafting dispositive motions requiring the briefing of challenging and novel legal issues.
She is a zealous and dedicated client-centered advocate for those she represents, focusing on obtaining results that will best serve her clients’ business and litigation needs.
Prior to joining BakerHostetler, Sammantha worked at an insurance brokerage, placing and analyzing property and casualty insurance coverage for her clients in the technology, product manufacturing and life sciences fields.
While working in this role, Sammantha obtained her property and casualty producer license and participated in other robust training that enabled her to effectively analyze and mitigate her client’s business risks — a skill that she now utilizes in assessing business and litigation risk in her legal practice.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of large insurance company in putative class action involving underinsured/uninsured motorist benefits.
- Engaged in motions practice and assisted with trial preparation in products liability case that resulted in favorable jury verdict for adhesives manufacturer.
- Engaged in motions practice and assisted with trial preparation in products liability case that resulted in favorable jury verdict for manufacturer of large industrial machinery.
- Obtained favorable ruling on motion to dismiss in putative data breach and privacy class action case involving large health care provider.
- Served as counsel for large auto manufacturer defending and obtaining favorable settlement outcomes in Colorado lemon law litigation.
- Metropolitan State University of Denver School of Business Advisory Board: Member (2018)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Brief Writing and Revisions Class: Guest Instructor (2018)
- Colorado Special Olympics Plane Pull (2014 to 2015)
- Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer (2012)
- Bryant Webster Elementary School: Third Grade Tutor (2011)
- Metro State: Recent Alumni Steering Committee (2011)
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2016; Order of the Coif; University of Denver Law Review, Senior Staff Editor, Staff Editor; Recipient, Academic Merit Award; Recipient, Reese Persuasive Writing Award
- B.S., Business Management, Metropolitan State University of Denver, 2011; Student Body President; Recipient, Metro State Student Leadership Award; Recipient, Metro State Outstanding Alumni Award
Admissions : Colorado
Rate : $$$$