Samuel Abernethy is both a litigator and corporate lawyer, who concentrates in the financial services industry, particularly commodities, derivatives, and securities. He advised registrants in compliance matters and represents litigants in private litigations and regulatory disciplinary matters, including investigations. He also advised clients in corporate governance matters, shareholder/member rights, and employment issues.
Sam’s practice has involved him in an in-depth way with markets and trading, especially in the futures and derivatives markets. He has served as a receiver, arbitrator, and expert in commodities and derivatives related matters and disputes.
REPRESENTATIVE SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Panelist in several New York City Bar Association programs on futures and derivatives law, including “Hot Topics” program on Exchange-Traded and OTC derivatives
- Panelist in several Futures Industry Association Law & Compliance Division programs at annual conferences
- Panelist on various New York State Bar Association programs
- Princeton University, A.B.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
Admissions : New York
- New York State Bar Association Executive Committee, Member
- New York State Bar Association House of Delegates, Delegate
- New York State Bar Association Committee on Electronic Communications, Member and Chair
- New York State Bar Association Special Committee on Electronic Discovery and Case Management in Federal Litigation, Chair
- New York State Bar Association Derivatives & Structured Products Law Committee, Member and Chair
Rate : $$$$