Samuel T. Bowman is a litigation shareholder in the Nashville office. As lead counsel for numerous jury and bench trials, Mr. Bowman has taken to conclusion a wide variety of cases involving construction matters, quarry owners and aggregate producers as well as commercial business issues, white collar criminal defense, health care defense, environmental/blasting defense, personal injury defense and others.
In his everyday practice, Mr. Bowman focuses on construction, commercial and other complex litigation matters. Additionally, given his law enforcement background, Mr. Bowman handles internal investigation matters and white collar crime defense for a variety of industries.
He knows that litigation should be carefully considered on a case-by-case basis with client input. To better prevent litigation from happening, Mr. Bowman also provides in-house seminars on relevant topics. Mr. Bowman routinely draws upon his dispute resolution and Fortune 500 defense litigation experience when handling matters involving complicated issues.
- University of Memphis School of Law, J.D., 2000, magna cum laude
- Belmont University, B.S., 1991, cum laude
- Tennessee, 2000
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 2001
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2003
- Construction, Aggregate and Civil Litigation
- Represents aggregate producers and sub-specialty vendors in a vast array of matters, including lease negotiations and disputes, contract drafting and defending, employment issues, tax analyses, personal injury and property damage claims, regulatory, public policy and relations and others.
- Representing aggregate producers and contractors in federal and state government construction projects, negotiations and litigation.
- Represented commercial landowners in a multimillion dollar accounting and dissolution action.
- Won a full defense judgment in a multimillion dollar trial in federal court involving personal injury arising from the construction, installation and maintenance of a hotel’s facilities.
- Obtained full judgment for a contractor in a breach of contract action involving construction at regional locations of a grocery store chain.
- White Collar Defense and Internal Investigation
- Represented defendants in state and federal criminal trials and sentencing.
- Defended a university researcher in a federal grant fraud prosecution alleging the filing of false federal claims.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations for clients nationwide facing government review.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Chairman – Nashville Pro Bono Committee
- Member – Nashville Bar Foundation
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Recipient – William M. Leech Scholarship
- Former Chairman of the Board – Angel Heart Farms
Rate : $$$