Samuel Gregory is a litigation associate in the Jackson office of Baker Donelson. As a member of the Advocacy Department, Sam assists clients across a broad range of general business litigation and insurance coverage defense matters, including liability cases, excess carrier disputes and removal issues.
He has also helped with multi-state litigation matters for financial institution clients including wrongful foreclosure and contract disputes. While attending law school, Sam was a research assistant to Professor Victoria Lowery, Appellate Advocacy.
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., 2013, summa cum laude
- Mississippi College, MBA, 2013
- Mississippi College, B.S. Business Administration, 2010, summa cum laude
- Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- Represented chemical manufacturer in multiple environmental contamination suits brought by more than 500 plaintiffs. The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi granted a Lone Pine order requiring all plaintiffs to test their property before litigation could resume.
- Successfully appealed dismissal of construction company’s auditing malpractice lawsuit, with the Mississippi Supreme Court reversing and remanding for trial.
- Obtained dismissal of products liability class action filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey against product manufacturer. Class plaintiffs attempted to file second complaint, which was also dismissed on res judicata grounds.
- Obtained dismissal of bank in lawsuit alleging wrongful foreclosure and violation of the Bankruptcy Code’s automatic stay.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Named a Mid-South Rising Star by Mid-South Super Lawyers (2016 – 2018)
- Barrister – Charles Clark American Inn of Court
- Member – American, Mississippi, and Capital Area Bar Associations
- Member – Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$