Determined to help solve clients’ problems, Samuel E. Doran’s practice involves complex business litigation and white collar criminal defense, government investigations and enforcement. His pursuit of favorable outcomes has benefited a diversity of clients, from healthcare providers to one of the nation’s largest automakers.
More than an in-demand attorney, Sam’s mix of steadfast focus and passion also makes him an empathetic client advocate.
- Investigated and litigated alleged False Claims Act violations against healthcare providers, hospital systems, academic facilities and more.
- Litigated healthcare FCA matters in U.S. District Court, including arguing dispositive motions and leading meetings with government.
- Represented an individual in an investigation into alleged scientific research fraud, leading to government declination.
- Member of a team that defended against multiple government investigations against a large automaker.
- Earned favorable outcome as member of a team that represented a client accused of trade sanctions violations.
- Successfully served as member of a team that represented multiple clients in state environmental crimes cases.
- Brought business fraud and deceptive trade practices action on behalf of energy company, resulting in complete victory.
- Briefed, argued and won unanimous reversal by New York appellate court in commercial dispute concerning service agreement.
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Irish Network: Board Member
- Houston Gaels Gaelic Athletic Association: Committee Member
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2009; Virginia Law Review, Editorial Board Member; Journal of Law & Politics, Senior Editorial Board Member
- B.A., Duke University, 2006, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$