Samuel M. Duncan is a tax associate. Mr. Duncan was a part of the team that advised on Chrysoar Holdings’ acquisition of a diversified North Sea oil and gas portfolio from Shell. This deal was named by the European Tax Awards as the “European Energy Tax Deal of the Year” (2018).
Mr. Duncan joined Debevoise in 2014. He received a J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School in December 2009, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and an articles editor of the Michigan Journal of Law Reform, and received a B.A. with honors in history from Wesleyan University in 2005. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
Mr. Duncan is a member of the Bar of New York.
- Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities Group in its strategic minority investment in Annexus, a leading designer of annuities and insurance-based retirement products.
Quarton International in its sale to Cowen.
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in Lime Rock Partners IV AF, L.P., a $1.9 billion acquisition fund which acquired the remaining assets of Lime Rock Partners IV, L.P.
- A Japanese utility as a member of an investor group in the group’s acquisition of majority ownership interests in Kleen Energy Systems, LLC, which operates a 620-megawatt natural gas-fired power plant located in Middletown, Connecticut. As part of the transaction, an affiliate of Ares EIF will manage the Kleen Energy power plant on behalf of the investor group.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Electrical Components International, the world’s leading manufacturer of wire harnesses, control boxes and value-added assembly services, from KPS Capital Partners.
- Nationstar Mortgage, a leading mortgage servicer and originator, in its $3.8 billion merger with WMIH.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of a joint venture with FS Investments to manage the $4 billion FS Energy and Power Fund.
- CVC Capital Partners in its investment in Republic Finance, a consumer loan provider.
Allergan in its $2.9 billion acquisition of LifeCell Corporation, a regenerative medicine business.
- Tribune Media Company in the $560 million sale of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, to the Nielsen Company.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- Allergan in its $639 million acquisition of Vitae Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage biotechnology company.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its investment in convertible preferred equity securities of an affiliate of Advanced Disposal Services.
- Nestlé Skin Health in its $1 billion acquisition of Guthy Renker’s worldwide Proactiv business, the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand.
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of a majority interest in the asset management business of AR Capital (subsequently withdrawn), its acquisition of the wholesale distribution business of RCS Capital and its substantial minority equity investment in RCS Capital.
- Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in its $365 million sale to Sequential Brands.
- CHC Group in its $145 million asset-based loan financing.
- Catlin Group Limited in its sale to XL Group for approximately £2.79 billion. The combined business is expected to have a leading presence in the global specialty insurance and reinsurance markets.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2009, J.D.
- Wesleyan University, 2005, B.A. (Hons)
- New York
Rate : $$$$