Samuel E. Endicott represents and counsels employers on labor and employment matters. He defends employers against whistleblower, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination claims. He also litigates cases involving trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition and breaches of noncompetition agreements.
Additionally, Sam provides advice and counsel to employers on all areas of employment law, including personnel policies, wage and hour compliance, classification of exempt status, employee discipline, internal investigations and litigation avoidance strategies.
- Presented oral argument before the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals, which affirmed the motion to vacate an arbitration award in favor of the client following oral argument.
- Defended numerous whistleblower claims in the financial, aviation and railroad sectors. The cases were resolved through motion practice or on terms favorable to the clients.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of a wrongful termination claim in federal court without the client having to incur any discovery-related costs.
- Obtained full or partial summary judgment in cases involving alleged discrimination, harassment, retaliation and tort claims such as defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Conducted comprehensive audits of employment policies and procedures for clients, including wage and hour audits to assess and reduce legal risk and enhance internal employment practices.
- Implemented alternative dispute resolution plans, including arbitration and mediation programs, to reduce legal risk and expense.
- Conducted an internal investigation into an employee who was accused of threatening to harm a private citizen, which led to the termination of the employee’s employment.
- Represented management in unfair labor practices situations, grievance responses and day-to-day collective bargaining administration.
- Successfully obtained a dismissal of an unfair labor practices charge before the National Labor Relations Board without the client having to incur hearing costs.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2009; Authorities Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Berkeley, 2006, high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
Community : Vanderbilt Alumni Association
Rate : $$$$