Samuel D. Hinkle is a Member in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Louisville office and practices in Lexington as well. He is also a member of the firm’s board of directors. He serves as chair of the firm’s Litigation Department and Business Litigation practices, and is a member of the Banking Litigation; Environmental Litigation; Antitrust, Trade Regulation & Franchise; Class Action; Construction; Bankruptcy; Mineral & Environmental Law; Equine and Real Estate practice groups.
He focuses on complex commercial litigation, contract and fraud claims, environmental law, equine law, bankruptcy litigation and land use disputes. He was also honored by Louisville Magazine as a Top Lawyer.
He has successfully defended clients against claims of lender liability and breach of fiduciary duty, actions alleging fraud and other violations of securities law. His clients include major chemical companies, financial institutions, energy companies, equine interests, trade organizations and creditors involved in bankruptcy proceedings.
He also has extensive experience in land use, planning, zoning and subdivision regulation matters. He is experienced with the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, CERCLA, RCRA, the Sherman Act and the Clayton Act in addition to state regulatory matters. Sam is a member of the Louisville and American Bar associations.
He currently serves on the Kentucky Board of Education and previously served on the Shelby County School Board as a member and Chair. Sam is a past participant of Leadership Shelby County and Leadership Louisville Bingham Fellows. He is also a member of the Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence.
- Yale University 1972, J.D.
- Washington and Lee University 1969, B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Board of Education, member
- Shelby Co., Ky. School Board, past member and Chair
- Leadership Shelby County
- Bingham Fellow, Leadership Louisville Foundation
- Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
Rate : $$$$