Samuel D. Krawiecz is a tax associate. Mr. Krawiecz joined Debevoise in 2015. Mr. Krawiecz received a J.D. from Harvard Law School magna cum laudein 2015. He served as executive editor of the Harvard Business Law Review. He received a Bachelor of Talmudic Studies from Beth Medrash Govoha in 2010. Mr. Krawiecz is the author of “Why the Lack of Interest in Interest? Another Look at Preferences and Secured Creditors,” 5 Harv. Bus. L. Rev. Online 107 (2015).
- AmTrust in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2bn.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- Principal Financial Group in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Wells Fargo & Company’s Institutional Retirement & Trust business.
- Jackson National Life Insurance in its agreements to reinsure John Hancock Life Insurance’s Group Payout Annuity business.
- Dealer Tire in a significant investment by Bain Capital Private Equity.
NJRetina in the formation of a strategic affiliation with NJEye and Quad-C Management.
- Wilton Re in its agreements to reinsure legacy comprehensive and nursing home long-term care insurance policies from Bankers Life and Casualty.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its joint investment with Cardinal Health in naviHealth, the largest manager of post-acute benefits for health plans and a leading value-based care partner to health systems and providers.
- Guardian Life Insurance in the establishment of its $3 billion global funding agreement-backed debt issuance program, including its inaugural offering of $500 million offering of funding agreement-backed fixed rate notes due 2021.
- The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America in an exchange offer for $250 million of its outstanding 7.375% Surplus Notes due 2039 for 4.850% Surplus Notes due.
- Dealer Tire in its significant investment in SimpleTire.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, with Humana, in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare.
- Time Inc. in its $2.8 billion sale to Meredith.
- AmTrust Financial Services in a strategic transaction with Madison Dearborn for a portion of AmTrust’s U.S. fee businesses valued at $1.15 billion.
- OppenheimerFunds in a joint venture with The Carlyle Group, which will provide global private credit opportunities for the wealth market.
- CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Private Equity, in its acquisition of Progressive Employer Management Company.
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of BGC Partners in BGC Partners’ acquisition of Berkeley Point Financial, a leading commercial real estate finance company.
- Polyus in a public offering of shares and depositary receipts pursuant to Regulation S/Rule 144A and listing of depositary receipts on the LSE.
- Two investors in their joint acquisition of Chesapeake Asset Management, a New York-based investment advisor.
- RWL Water in the merger by acquisition of Emefcy Group and RWL Water.
- A secondaries investor as the lead investor in the recapitalization of two “end-of-life” funds, sponsored by the same manager, in a merger transaction designed to offer liquidity to existing investors.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management in the formation of North Haven Capital Partners VI, a $1.5 billion global buyout fund.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Cadence Education, a leading provider of early childhood education.
- HarbourVest Partners in its secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests from multiple sellers in funds managed by Indigo Capital Partners.
- Dealer Tire in its sale of the assets of Dealer Tire Canada to Groupe Touchette.
- International Paper in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
- Harvard Law School, 2015, J.D.
- Beth Medrash Govoha, 2010, Bachelor of Talmudic Studies
- New York
Rate : $$$