Shareholder Samuel Felker practices a wide variety of civil litigation and is a member of the Firm’s Product Liability/Mass Tort and Transportation Groups. During the course of his career, Sam has successfully represented clients in significant litigation involving products liability, transportation, food safety, toxic torts, medical malpractice and also commercial matters, including the trial of cases throughout the United States.
In complex pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, Sam has served as national, regional and local counsel in defending manufacturers in coordinated mass tort proceedings.
In the area of commercial litigation, Sam represents clients in matters involving insurance coverage, breach of contract, theft of trade secrets, defamation and intellectual property. A trained mediator, Sam is well-versed in all forms of alternative dispute resolution and is a AAA Arbitrator. Sam is also a Certified Information and Privacy Specialist (CIPP/US), advising clients in various aspects of data security and privacy.
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1980
- University of Tennessee School of Law, 1978
- Mississippi State University, B.S., 1977
- Florida, 2016
- Tennessee, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2007
- Defended the manufacturer of pelvic mesh devices in multiple suits in federal court and served on the expert witness team.
- Represented a trucking company in a wrongful death case in Florida, achieving a favorable settlement.
- Obtained summary judgment for a prosthetic device assembler and seller in a federal court products liability suit alleging injury from the failed device.
- Served as regional counsel for a pharmaceutical manufacturer in multiple suits alleging serious injuries from the use of over-the-counter medication.
- Defended a leading manufacturer of orthopedic knee and hip devices in multiple suits alleging product defect and failure.
- Defended the manufacturer of electrical components in a case involving multiple deaths.
- Defended a brokerage firm in arbitrations throughout the United States involving alleged securities fraud and broker misconduct.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member − Nashville Bar Association, Federal Courts Committee
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association; former chair of Litigation Section
- Co-Chair − American Bar Association, ABA Products Liability Committee
- Member − Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel; Drug, Device and Biotechnology and Product Liability Sections
- President − Tennessee Stonewall Bar Association
- Member − American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$