Samuel S. Lee has more than 15 years of experience representing financial institutions, banks, life insurance companies, investment funds, and other institutional investors in a variety of commercial real estate finance transactions.
Samuel focuses his practice on the representation of these institutions in a wide variety of portfolio and secondary market transactions, including syndicated loans, securitized loans, and other types of capital markets financings.
He also regularly advises these institutions in the acquisition, disposition, and restructuring of their interests in these financing structures.
Notable Work :
- Representation of a life insurance company in the recapitalization of a portfolio of office properties located in Southern California through the restructuring of the related syndicated mortgage financing.
- Representation of a life insurance company in the acquisition of the fee ownership interest in an office building located in Midtown Manhattan and the negotiation of the underlying ground lease.
- Representation of an investment fund in the origination of mortgage financing to fund the remaining completion work on a hotel development property in Brooklyn, New York.
- Representation of an investment fund in the acquisition, disposition, financing and refinancing of numerous multi-family apartment buildings, self-storage facilities and office buildings located in numerous states within the United States.
- Representation of an investment fund in the restructuring of mortgage financing secured by three mixed use commercial/residential apartment buildings in SoHo, New York.
- Representation of a life insurance company in the restructuring of syndicated mortgage financing secured by hotels located throughout the United States and also involving multiple tranches of mezzanine financing.
- Representation of an investment fund in the acquisition, disposition and restructuring of a mezzanine loan secured by the equity interests in a hotel complex in Aruba.
- Representation of an investment fund in the origination of mezzanine financing secured by equity interests in a portfolio of single family homes and development tracts.’
- Representation of a syndicate of lenders in the origination of mortgage loans with senior/subordinate mezzanine financing encumbering luxury apartment complexes located throughout the United States in connection with a leveraged buyout of the public company owning such complexes.
- Representation of an investment bank in the establishment of a loan sale financing program enabling such investment bank to liquidate a number of its commercial mortgage and mezzanine assets by offering financing to the purchasers of such assets.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1998, with distinction, Hofstra Law Review, Articles Editor; Recipient of the Patricia Roberts Harris Fellowship; Recipient of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York Thurgood Marshall Fellowship
- B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1994, cum laude
Bar Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$