A member of the United States Patent Bar since 2005, Samuel (Alex) A. Long has extensive experience in patent, trademark, and copyright prosecution; counseling and licensing; and he is highly experienced in representing clients, both as plaintiff and defendant in various industries, including, but not limited to, retail, manufacturing, technology, sports and entertainment, media, and solar.
Known for being resolute in court but easy to get along with, clients draw on the fact that Alex has done it all in the intellectual property realm. He has litigated patents, trademarks, and copyrights, and he has prosecuted patent applications in a wide variety of areas, including mechanical, electrical, and chemical space. With more than a decade of experience, Alex counsels clients in a variety of patent-related matters.
- J.D., University of South Carolina, 2006
- B.S., cum laude, Clemson University, 2003
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Southeastern Environmental Law Journal, Articles Editor, 2005-2006
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- United States Supreme Court, 2015
- Federal Court, 2017
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2015
Rate : $$$