Samuel P. Strantz is a litigation associate in Baker Donelson’s Memphis office. Sam is a member of the Firm’s New Litigators Group. Sam focuses on securities litigation, general business dispute litigation, and trademark, branding, infringement and false advertising issues, particularly in the entertainment, sports and technology industries.
After his first year of law school, Sam interned with the legal department of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company in Memphis, Tennessee. There, Sam primarily worked on brand disputes, false advertising and SEC compliance matters. The following summer, Sam clerked with Baker Donelson in Memphis and also worked in Nashville, Tennessee, on a § 1983 constitutional rights case.
- The University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2015, cum laude
- University of Memphis , B.A., 2012, magna cum laude
- Tennessee, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Negotiated and drafted player, endorsement and sponsorship agreements for regional minor league baseball franchise.
- Assisted advertising agency in settling case regarding non-compete agreement and solicitation of confidential business information and branding.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Tennessee Bar Association
- Member – Memphis Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Cabinet Member – Memphis Area Legal Services’ Equal Justice Young Lawyers Committee
- Recipient – CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Entertainment Law (2017)
Rate : $$$