Sandra T. Hawley has practiced primarily in the real estate, finance and corporate areas of the firm. In real estate, she has extensive experience in all types of transactions involving everything from single sites to hundreds of properties in complex transactions, including retail, office, industrial and multifamily properties.
She has handled commercial lease, sale and purchase transactions on a local and national basis for clients of the firm. In the corporate and finance area, Sandy’s experience includes a wide variety of commercial banking and lending transactions and project finance matters, as well as representing clients in the sale/purchase of ongoing businesses, specific asset acquisitions and divestitures, and proving advice on general corporate matters.
Sandy’s practice includes the following:
Commercial Real Estate – Representation of national clients in connection with the leasing, acquisition and operation of sites on a national basis, as well as title analysis, dispute resolution and advice and consultation regarding general property issues.
Commercial Lending – Representation of borrowers and lenders in real estate and asset-based lending transactions, including single-lender and multibank syndications.
General Corporate; Commercial Transactions – Preparation of incorporation/formation documents for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. Sandy has assisted numerous for-profit and not-for-profit companies with general contract review, corporate record review/analysis and multistate license/permitting projects.
Contract Negotiation – Sandy routinely negotiates contracts for her business clients, including vendor and service contracts, master services agreements, technology license agreements, noncompete agreements, confidentiality agreements, nondisclosure agreements, consulting agreements and supply agreements.
Mergers and Acquisitions – Representation of buyers and sellers in asset acquisitions and divestitures in the retail, healthcare, broadcasting and biotechnology industries.
- $60,000,000 sale of ongoing business operations of 54 gas stations/convenience stores located in Oklahoma.
- Sale of ongoing business operations of acute care hospitals located in California and Missouri.
- Transfer of more than 500 owned and leased retail sites in conjunction with a $2.2 billion securitization.
- $335 million sale/leaseback of 181 stores located in 23 states throughout the country.
- Transfer of more than 400 leased and owned restaurant sites located in a variety of states in conjunction with client’s refranchising efforts.
- Representation of lead bank in $117,000,000 syndicated credit facility secured by 96 commercial properties located in 30 states.
- $7,500,000 sale of hotel conference center/shopping center.
- J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1986
- M.A., University of Kansas, 1983
- B.S., magna cum laude, St. Olaf College, 1980
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys; Missouri State Chair, 2016-present
- Corporate Law Division, Division Managing Partner (Apr. 2006-Dec. 2011)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
Rate : $$$$