Sandra L. Hill joined Cozen O’Connor’s Real Estate practice group in Philadelphia in 2014. Sandy received her J.D., cum laude, from Temple University Beasley School of Law and her Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, in elementary and special education from Saint Joseph’s University.
While at Temple, Sandy was the editor-in-chief of the Temple International & Comparative Law Journal and received Distinguished Class Performance Awards for legal research and writing I, trust and estates, professional responsibility, evidence, business law, and low income tax policy and practice. At graduation, Sandy received the Captain Robert Miller Knox Award for outstanding contributions to the law school.
- Represented a real estate development firm in the refinancing of the 325-room Hilton Hotel at Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia. Negotiations focused on a $55 million mortgage and a $20 million mezzanine loan had commenced shortly after the client transferred the hotel to a Hilton flag, which required the funding, preparation, and implementation of a Property Improvement Plan (PIP). This representation included negotiating the incorporation of the PIP into the refinance plan, as well as multi-party negotiations over the subordination agreement between the lenders and the independent manager.
- Served as lender’s counsel in connection with the origination of a $75 million mortgage loan secured by approximately 600,000 sq. ft. of Class A office and amenity space within a mixed-use development in Delaware County, Pa.
- Represented Pilot Air Freight Corp., a private air freight logistics, package forwarding, and delivery company, in connection with the sale of a controlling interest in the company to ATL Partners and British Columbia Investment Management Corp. The transaction required a complex reorganization of Pilot and its subsidiaries and drew on the experience of the firm’s corporate, employee benefits, real estate, intellectual property, tax, and aviation regulatory attorneys.
- Temple University—James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- St. Joseph’s University, B.S., magna cum laude, 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
Rate : $$$