Sara Pikofsky has extensive experience in all phases of litigation, with a focus on violations of ERISA’s fiduciary duty and prohibited transactions provisions, as well as the defense of employers in withdrawal liability disputes. She also advises clients in regard to withdrawal liability risks related to transactions.
Her experience covers matters at the trial and appellate levels, including numerous appellate cases. In addition to her litigation experience, Sara advises clients with respect to Department of Labor investigations and on compliance with ERISA’s plan asset rules.
Sara previously served as a trial attorney for the US Department of Labor’s Office of the Solicitor, Plan Benefits Security Division. In that capacity, she gained significant litigation experience in matters involving pension and welfare plans, including breach of fiduciary duty claims relating to investments in securities and real estate, among others.
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- J.D., Columbia University, 1997, Staff Member, Columbia Human Rights Law Review
- B.A., McGill University, 1992, Faculty Scholar in Honors Political Science, 1990
Rate : $$$