Sara Brazao Ferreira has experience representing clients in a variety of real estate-related transactions. Ms. Brazao Ferreira has represented sellers and buyers in acquisitions and dispositions of various classes of real estate assets, including hotel resorts, shopping centers, commercial office buildings and multi-asset portfolios.
She has represented borrowers and lenders in various financing transactions, including senior mortgage and mezzanine financing and construction financing.
Ms. Brazao Ferreira also has represented landlords and tenants in a wide range of leasing transactions, as well as sponsors and investors in forming and unwinding joint ventures, in each case across numerous asset classes. Ms. Brazao Ferreira’s matters include representing:
- a private equity firm in connection with the financing of a luxury condo development in Maui, Hawaii, and the formation of a joint venture with a sovereign wealth fund investor;
- a foreign superannuation fund in its agreement to acquire a portfolio of regional shopping malls valued at approximately $3.175 billion; and
- a private equity real estate holding company in connection with sales of single-family residence portfolios.
Ms. Brazao Ferreira also has been been involved in various alternative energy transactions involving wind and solar farms and the development and financing of transmission facilities.
Ms. Brazao Ferreira has worked on a variety of pro bono engagements, including representing charter schools and nonprofit organizations in leasing and financing transactions, securing reparations for Holocaust survivors and representing asylum seekers in immigration matters.
- J.D., UCLA School Of Law, 2013
- B.A., Sarah Lawrence College, 2002
Admissions : California
Associations : Board Member, Women Lawyers Association Los Angeles
Rate : $$$