Sara Tolbert is an associate in the Palo Alto office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where her practice focuses on intellectual property litigation. Experienced in all aspects of patent litigation from pre-litigation counseling through trial, she has represented a number of leading technology companies spanning a broad range of technologies, including motion capture sensors, video compression, semiconductors, consumer products, and computer hardware and software.
Sara has experience representing life science clients on matters involving medical devices, biotechnology, and pharmaceuticals. She also has experience litigating commercial disputes in federal and state court and before arbitration panels.
During law school, Sara served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Edward J. Davila of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and as an extern in the Central Reexamination Unit for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Before law school, Sara worked for a patent prosecution law firm in Munich, Germany, where she applied her physics background to software, electrical, and mechanical technologies.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2014
- B.S., Physics, University of California, Los Angeles, 2010
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Co-Chair, Woman in Law Committee, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$