Sara Bernard has handled a wide range of transactions as counsel for developers, builders, institutional lenders, and public and private entities. She has experience in negotiating, drafting, and closing complex commercial and residential purchase/sale transactions and has handled aspects of the development, management and operation of all types of real estate including retail shopping centers, office buildings, industrial parks, medical and technology clusters, sports and entertainment clusters, senior-living communities, hospitals, golf courses, large scale mixed-use developments, residential subdivisions, apartments, and condominiums.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude (2004)
- University of Central Florida, Burnett Honors College, BS, Accounting (2000)
Admissions : Florida
- Representation of the master developer and its affiliates in all aspects of a 7,000-acre mixed-use development of regional impact. Ms. Bernard’s representation included the development of a 650-acre health and life sciences park as a landmark for Orlando and a premier location for medical care, research, and education.
- Representation of a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the acquisition of a senior housing portfolio comprised of multiple, nationwide assisted living facilities valued at more than $245 million.
- Representation of a public agency with respect to the planning, acquisition, and development of several major roadway projects in Central Florida. These projects included the negotiation and acquisition of hundreds of parcels valued at more than $100 million.
Professional Activities : Member, The Florida Bar
- Board of Directors, University of Central Florida Foundation
- Past Member of the Executive Committee, University of Central Florida Foundation
- Past Member of the Board of Directors, The Brain Foundation of Florida, Inc.
- Executive Committee Member, University of Central Florida Alumni Association
Rate : $$$