Sarah S. Brooks focuses on litigating intellectual property disputes, including patent, trademark, trade secret, antitrust, and copyright litigation. Sarah counsels a broad range of large and small technology companies, including consumer product, wireless technology, mechanical device, computer science, biotech, medical device, toy, and sporting companies.
She achieves positive outcomes for clients in court with dispositive motions, motions in limine, and Markman hearings. She has also prevailed in numerous trials in federal court.
- Secured a consent judgment of patent infringement and permanent injunction on behalf of client Seatriever International Holdings and Illoom Balloon, pioneers in the field of illuminating party balloons
- Obtained a willful infringement jury verdict for a client in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of Marvel Medical and NeuroVasc Technologies, regarding a breach of contract lawsuit; settlement was reached six months prior to trial
- Obtained a stipulated judgement on behalf of Wham-O after filing a trademark infringement and breach of contract action against a former Wham-O business partner
- Defended the Uniform Industrial Corporation in a patent infringement action against patent troll Encoditech; obtained a voluntary dismissal of that action
- Obtained a jury verdict of willful patent infringement and willful copyright infringement for Hydrodynamic Industrial Co. Ltd. against Green Max Distributors in the Central District of California.
- J.D.magna cum laudeTulane University Law School2005
- B.S.BiologyTufts University1999
Bar Admissions : California, New York, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Professional Memberships : President and board member, Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association.
Community : Volunteer, Public Counsel, in children’s rights and guardianship matters.
Rate : $$$$